We are all explorers, say our EEA UK visa consultants in Delhi. For an explorer, moving permanently to a new land is the final frontier to overcome before you can reach the life that you have always wanted, in the country that you feel is right for you.
An EEA national and their family members, who have resided in the UK continuously for five years in accordance with the EEA Regulations of 2006, can apply for Permanent Residence in the UK. The permanent residence card proves the right of the EEA national and their non-EEA family members to live in the UK permanently.
Applications for Permanent residence are made under Regulation 15 of the EEA Regulations 2006. In order to apply, applicants are required to provide evidence that:
- they have lived with their European Economic Area (EEA) family member in the UK for a continuous 5 year period.
- the EEA family member has been a ‘qualified person’ throughout the 5 years or has a permanent right of residence.
- The relationship with the EEA national is a subsisting relationship as of the date of application.
Residence card in less than 5 years
Applicants can also be eligible for permanent residence before the 5-year mark if either:
- they were living with their EEA national family member, who was working or self-employed in the UK, immediately before their death
- EEA national family member was working or self-employed in the UK but has ‘ceased activity’ (stopped work or self-employment because of retirement or permanent incapacity, or because they are now working or self-employed in another EEA state but are still a resident of and return to the UK at least once a week)
Deciding to move permanently to a country away from your home country is a big decision on the personal frontier. It is the final jump to a completely different phase of your life, and hence, it’s the smart choice to take care of every detail with utmost care.
At The SmartMove2UK, our EEA UK visa consultants in Delhi have helped numerous EEA nationals, their non-EEA national family members, and extended family members to apply for their permanent residence cards. You can contact us if you are seeking legal help from EEA residence card experts in relation to your Permanent residence card application.
The SmartMove2UK – New Delhi
8th floor, 811, Statesman House,
Receive regular updates about your UK Visa News, Guidelines, New UK Visa Law and more.