Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer)
This category is for employees of multinational companies who are being transferred by their overseas employer to a UK branch of the organisation, either on a long-term basis or for frequent short visits. There are 4 sub-categories:
- Long-term staff – for established, skilled employees to be transferred to the UK branch of their organisation for more than 12 months to fill a post that cannot be filled by a new recruit from the resident workforce
- Short-term staff – for established, skilled employees to be transferred to the UK branch of their organisation for 12 months or less to fill a post that cannot be filled by a new recruit from the resident workforce
- Graduate trainee – this route allows the transfer of recent graduate employees to a UK branch of the same organisation, as part of a structured graduate training programme which clearly defines progression towards a managerial or specialist role
- Skills transfer – this route allows the transfer of new graduate employees to a UK branch of the same organisation to learn the skills and knowledge required to perform their job overseas, or to impart their specialist skills or knowledge to the UK workforce.
If you are a company who wants to bring employees to the UK you can contact our UK Immigration experts on +91 98191 27002 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are seeking legal help from UK visa consultants in relation to UK Tier 2 Intra Company Transferee.
Dependents of Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer migrant
Family members of migrants who are in the UK as Tier 2 General visa holder would be allowed to enter the UK as dependents if they are from outside European Economic Area (EEA).
A ‘dependant’ is any of the following:
- husband, wife or partner
- child under 18
- child over 18 if they’re currently in the UK as a dependant
Dependants applying from outside the UK
If the dependants meet all the relevant requirement of the dependant visa, then they would be required to apply online. And also would be required to have their fingerprints and photograph (known as ‘biometric information’) taken at a visa application centre as part of their application.
Dependants applying in the UK
In certain cases the dependants can apply to extend or switch their visas to stay with the migrant if they’re already in the UK. They should apply using the dependant application form.
They can apply at the same time as the primary applicant or at a later date by post, or in person at a premium service centre.
While applying for dependent visa it is not possible for the applicant to ‘switch’ the visa from within the UK, this means that Family members can’t apply in the UK as dependant if they hold a visitor visa and have entered the country on a visitor visa. The applicants will be required to return to their home country to make a fresh application.
The visa is granted for the same duration as the visa of the main applicant.
You can contact our UK Immigration experts based in Mumbai | Delhi | Gurgaon | Chandigarh | Vadodara | Bangalore on +91 22 2850 9857 or +91 9819 127 002 if you are seeking legal help from UK visa consultants in relation to apply for dependents of UK Tier 2 Intra Company Transferee.
You can also connect with us on
You can read our blog related to Tier 2 Visas
The cap on skilled workers arriving on the Tier 2 visa that was announced by the UK government is not going to include doctors and nurses. This is good news for countless doctors and nurses [...]