Family of British citizens & settled persons – Unmarried partner visa
An overview of unmarried partner visa UK by our expert UK Unmarried partner visa Consultant India
- UK unmarried partner visa is a category of UK visa for applicants who are in a relationship with a British Citizen or a settled person i.e. holding Indefinite leave to remain (ILR).
- A non- EEA national can apply for a unmarried partner settlement visa to join their partner who is a British Citizen or settled person.
This is a settlement visa and the initial entry clearance is for 33 months.
What are the requirements of UK unmarried partner visa?
In an application the sponsor (this is the person residing in the UK or British Citizen returning to UK who are residing and working overseas) are required to demonstrate:
The sponsor can be:
- be a British citizen or
- have settled in the UK (they have ‘indefinite leave to remain’ or proof of permanent residence) or
- have refugee status or humanitarian protection in the UK
UK unmarried partner visa requirements further entail that the sponsor:
- meets gross annual income threshold of at least £18,600 or alternatively evidence savings of £62,500.
- can provide adequate accommodation in accordance with the UK housing space standards
Note: UK unmarried partner visa rules provide that if the applicant is in the UK with permission to work then their income can also be considered to meet the requirement. Savings held by the applicant can also be considered.
- meets the English language requirement.
- has taken a TB Test (if they are from a country on the Home Office’s list of prescribed countries).
- does not have any adverse immigration history (overstaying, breaching conditions, illegal entrant, using deception in an application)
- does not fall for under the mandatory general grounds of refusal.
Both applicant and sponsor are required to prove that they:
- Are in a genuine and subsisting relationship or
- have been living together in a relationship for at least 2 years when they apply
What is the English Language requirement to get UK unmarried partner visa?
According to UK Immigration rules, applicants for UK unmarried partner visa are required to provide evidence that they meet the English Language requirement. An applicant can meet English language requirement in either of the following ways:
Education qualification –
- The applicant can submit their degree or academic qualification which is recognized by UK NARIC as being equivalent to UK bachelor’s degree or higher.
- You have a degree or academic qualification that was taught or researched in English.
English Language test –
- The applicant is required to pass the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with at least a CEFR level A1 in speaking and listening and provide with a pass certificate.
Applicants exempted to meet the English language requirement –
- If the applicant is over 65
- If the applicant has a physical or mental condition that prevents you from meeting the requirement.
- If you are a national of a majority English speaking country.
- The applicants who are being taught from a UK university and have a degree confirming the same.
Our services for UK Unmarried partner visa
At The SmartMove2UK our immigration solicitors have helped hundreds of applicants to apply for unmarried partner visa to UK. You can contact us if you are seeking legal help from UK visa consultants in relation to UK unmarried partner visa.
If you would like to ascertain your eligibility for unmarried partner visa UK or have had a UK unmarried partner visa refused you can book an appointment for initial consultation with our UK Immigration experts call us on +91 98191 27002 or email us at email@example.com.
We understand applying for unmarried partner visa UK can be challenging given the vast amount of information on the topic – you can take away the hassle by opting for a full representation service.
It’s best to seek professional advice before you proceed to save unnecessary loss of time and expense.
At SmartMove2UK our UK Immigration solicitors have provided expertise to applicants seeking to apply for UK unmarried partner visa.
Call us on +91 98191 27002 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book an initial consultation with our UK unmarried partner visa Consultants based in Mumbai | Delhi | Gurgaon | Chandigarh | Bangalore
You can also connect with us on: