When does it come in to effect from?
If you arrive in the UK from India before 4am Friday 23 April, you must self-isolate for 10 days in the place you’re staying and take a COVID-19 test on day 2 and day 8.
Who are not allowed?
Visitors who have been in or transited through India in the previous 10 days cannot enter UK. View the full roll of countries on the ‘red list’ travel ban here
Who are allowed to travel to UK (latest)?
Applicants are required to demonstrate that:
- They can maintain themselves without recourse to public funds
- Meet the English language requirement
- Have submitted their biometrics at the Visa Application Centre
British nationals; Irish nationals; Applicants having residence rights in the UK
From January 1, 2021 people with residence rights include:
- holders of Indefinite Leave to Remain;
- holders of existing leave to enter or remain (i.e. those with biometric Residence permits) or
- an entry clearance/visa that grants such leave e.g. students, workers, sole representative visa, spouse visa etc (excluding visit visas);
- holders of EU Settlement Scheme (“EUSS”) leave;
- those who have rights of entry under the Withdrawal Agreements (including returning residents with a right of residence under the EEA Regulations and EEA frontier workers);
- family members of EEA nationals with rights under the Withdrawal Agreement.
I m on dependent visa and travelling 1 st time London Heathrow I booked my tickets and quarantine can I travel UK right now in this pandemic
- General Question
Yes, you can travel to the UK as you hold a residency visa. However, you will be required to be in quarantine in the UK for 10 days, depending upon the country you are travelling from.
Condition for entry
People entering the UK from countries on the ‘red list’ are required to quarantine in a government approved hotel for 10 days at their own expense.
Can you apply for tourist visa to UK if we are in red zone?
- General Question
Yes, you can apply for a tourist visa from a red list country. However, there are chances that your application can be put on hold due to the same. Please note that there are travel restrictions on visitors from the red list countries.
Click on the following link to know more about how to book a place in a quarantine hotel and arrange coronavirus (COVID-19) tests if you’re travelling to England from a country on the banned travel list.
Coronavirus testing before travel to the UK
You must have proof of a negative coronavirus test to enter the UK. Read about:
Can we parallely apply visa for US and UK at the same time?
- Question asked in a forum
Yes you, however you will be required to deposit your original passport at the VFS while applying for the visa.
Coronavirus testing and quarantine on arrival in the UK
Find out about the rules on:
Know more details or to speak to our expert UK Visa Consultant, our clients from India – Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Chandigarh or UK can contact them via phone, email or whats-app.