Some UK business Immigration requirements and types of visas
Standard visit visa
A standard visit visa is a replacement of Family Visitor visa, Child Visitor visa, Sports Visitor visa, Business Visitor visa, Entertainer Visitor visa, Prospective Entrepreneur visa and Medical Treatment Visitor visa. It permits you to conduct certain business activities, conditions applied. It also allows you to represent a business in the UK, for up to 6 months. The applicant is also permitted to study for up to 30 days, provided that’s not the major purpose of your visit.
To apply for a Standard visit visa, you need to validate:
- Your intent behind coming to the UK – depending on your needs such as visiting family, visiting for business-related purposes or leisure.
- You have the funds to support your travel, your accommodation, and other needs, receiving no public funds from the UK.
- You will leave the UK in the given period, which is not over 6 months.
- If you are visiting for business-related purposes, you must conduct the above-said actions only.
To know more on applying for a Standard visit visa, click on the link here
Representative of overseas business (UK Sole Rep visa)
This visa allows representatives of overseas businesses to live and work in the UK. It is a route suitable for almost all businesses, enabling them to develop a presence in the UK by opening a branch or a wholly owned subsidiary for the parent company.
You are eligible to apply for a Sole Representative visa if you are
- The sole representative of an overseas company, intending to set up a wholly owned subsidiary or register a branch in the UK for an overseas parent company; or
- An employee of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organization posted on a long-term assignment in the UK.
To know more about applying for a Sole Representative visa, click on the link
A sponsor license is required to allow someone to work for you, coming from overseas. If you are employing a skilled worker who is based outside the UK, you will need to apply for a sponsor license.
You are eligible to apply for a Sponsor License if
- You have a lawfully running organization in the UK
(In case your company has multiple branches, one license issued will be applicable to all of them, or you can choose to apply separately as well)
- If you registered with / monitored by a statutory body for operating lawfully in the UK, you will need to provide proof of you and branches covered under your license (if any) are registered with the above said body.
- There are rules and regulations that a Sponsor License holder must comply with and as a part of your application, you are pledging to accept all the duties and responsibilities associated with it.
To know more about applying for a Sponsor License, click on the link here.
UK Investor Visa
A Tier 1 Investor visa category is for high net-worth individuals looking to make a substantial financial investment in the UK. This category of visa has always been attractive for those looking to gain citizenship by investment. A business investment immigration UK requires you to provide all necessary documents. Although, you are not required to have a job to apply for this visa, but your application will be assessed based on your ability to invest £2,000,000 (£2 million) in the UK.
You are eligible to apply for an Investor visa if:
- You are age 18 and above,
- Provide proof that the money belongs to either you, your spouse, unmarried or same-sex partner;
- Have a bank account in the UK
- Evidence that the funds are held in one or more regulated financial institutions
- Free to spend (disposable) in the UK
Click to know more about Tier 1 Investor Visa