UK Tier 2 Intra company transfer Visa can be procured by an existing employee of a multinational employer who is subject to be transferred to the UK branch for either vocational training or to bridge the gap of a specific employment vacancy which cannot be fulfilled by a settled or EEA worker required for a long term basis or for frequent short visits.
This visa route is not applicable for an individual who is an employee of an overseas employer that is not linked by common ownership or control to the UK branch.
Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer has two sub-categories:
Long term Staff:
This category is applicable for individuals who are working for the UK organization for at least 12 months directly before their transfer and are being transferred to a skilled job in the UK to combat a post which cannot be fulfilled by a settled worker. The duration is for a period of up to a maximum of 5 years.
This category is applicable for a recent graduate recruit being transferred to a UK branch of the deemed organization for vocational training. This visa route should not be used to fill posts of long term. The graduate candidate must be coming to the UK for a maximum period of 12 months as part of a structured graduate training programme with clearly defined progression towards a managerial or specialist role within the deemed organization.
Click here to know more about overview of the UK Intra Company Transfer Visa.
Eligibility parameters for Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer
- You must possess a job offer and a Certificate of Sponsorship for your job. It is important to note that the UK entity must possess a Tier 2 Sponsor License to issue you a CoS.You must be able to prove you’ve worked for your employer for a certain amount of time outside the UK. The length of time depends on what visa you’re applying for:
- Long-term Staff earning £73,900 or less – 12 months
- Long-term Staff earning more than £73,900 – no minimum time
- Graduate Trainee – 3 months
- The prospective employee cannot own more than 10% of the sponsor shares directly or indirectly.
- Your offered annual salary must be minimum £41,500 (as a long-term staff) or the appropriate rate for such long-term job whichever is higher. Or a minimum of £ 23,000 annual salary (as a graduate trainee) or the appropriate rate for such graduate training, whichever is higher.
- The job which has to be offered must comply with level 6 of the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) or of the level 4 of RQF in the creative sector.
- The expected job position has to be genuine in its truest sense and the sponsor has to be qualified to offer services/products deriving from such position.
- You need to have sufficient and considerable amount of adequacy funds on your disposition for the living and accommodation costs in the UK, without having to depend on UK’s public funds.
Entry Clearance Essentials and Requirements
Accomplishing 60 points for UK Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer Visa Attributes:
- This consists of 30 points offered for possessing a valid and qualifying certificate of sponsorship from your employer.
- Acquiring 20 points for having been offered the appropriate salary.
- The applicant must earn a minimum of 10 points as maintenance funds. You must be in a position that you are equipped with £ 945 for yourself and £ 630 for any dependent accompanying you if applicable. The said funds have to be maintained for a period of 90 days prior to the date of application.
The alternative is to have your employer certify maintenance for you in the Certificate of Sponsorship.
It is important to note that all migrants you are entering the UK for more than 6 months, will have to undertake a TB test whilst making the application for the visa.
Long Term Staff:
You may be granted leave for whichever is the shorter of
- The job end date visible on your Certificate of Sponsorship plus 14 days / up to 5 years or
- If your salary is less than £ 120,000 per year, for the period to take your total leave granted under Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) to 5 years or 1 month or
- If your salary is £120,000 or higher per year, for the period to take your total leave granted under Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer) to 9 years.
You may be granted leave for whichever is the shorter of:
- The job end date visible on your Certificate of Sponsorship plus 14 days
- for the period to take your total leave granted under Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Graduate Trainee Staff to 12 months.
If you want to apply for Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer Work Visa in the UK, you can speak to our Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer UK Immigration Experts on +91 98191 27002 or firstname.lastname@example.org and book your consultation appointment with our UK immigration advisor for further clarifications and queries.
You can find our presence in New Delhi, Chandigarh, Bengaluru as well as Mumbai being our registered office along with international boundaries extending to London.
Receive regular updates about your UK Visa News, Guidelines, New UK Visa Law and more.