UK Immigration law has always been an evolving field, there have been several changes to UK Immigration rules. 2016 was no different, if the referendum for Brexit got the EU Nationals scurrying to secure their status with a Registration Certificate and applying for Residence Card for their non EU spouses.
The UK government based on the recommendations of Migration Advisory Committee announced a slew of changes for Tier 2 visas including:
- An increase in the Tier 2 (General) salary threshold for experienced workers to £25,000, with some exemptions, with further increase in April 2017 to £30,000.
- An increase in the Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) salary threshold for short-term staff from £20,800 to £30,000.
- Reduction of the Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) graduate trainee salary threshold to £23,000 and increasing the number of places to 20 per company per year.
- The closure of the Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer) skills transfer sub-category
- Introduction of NHS surcharge for Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer workers (pending).
According to Home Office, the changes will apply to employers with a Tier 2 sponsorship licences who obtain Tier 2 Certificates of Sponsorship (CoS) to employ overseas workers on or after 24 November, 2016.
You can speak to our UK Migrant Worker Licence Consultant in Mumbai | India on +91 22 2850 9857 or +91 98191 27002 and book your appointment for a Consultation to know about the specific requirements to sponsor a worker in the UK. You can contact us us if you are seeking legal help from UK visa consultants in relation to UK Tier 2 Sponsor license.
If you have received a Certificate of Sponsorship from a UK employer or if you are a UK employer and want to apply for a Certificate of sponsorship you can contact our UK Immigration experts on +91 98191 27002 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are seeking legal help from UK visa consultants in relation to UK Tier 2 General visa.
You can also connect with us on