UK Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) consultant in Mumbai | Delhi | Gurgaon | Chandigarh | Vadodara | Bangalore

Tier 2 (Minister of Religion)

You can apply for Tier 2 Minister of religion if you have been offered a job for example as a minister of religion, missionary, or member of a religious order within a faith community i.e. a community of people sharing the same religious faith e.g. a religious order, temple trust, church etc. in the UK

Typically the Pastoral duties can include::

  • leading worship regularly and on special occasions;
  • giving religious education to children and adults by preaching or teaching;
  • officiating at marriages, funerals and other special services; and
  • offering counselling and welfare support to members of the congregation; and
  • recruiting, training and co-ordinating the work of any local volunteers and lay preachers.

In addition to preaching and teaching work as a missionary can include:

  • the organisation of missionary activity (but should not be administrative or clerical, unless filling a senior post);
  • supervising staff;
  • co-ordinating the organisation of missionary work;
  • being in charge of a particular activity such as accounts/finance, personnel management or IT; and
  • translating religious texts – this is missionary work, not clerical work.

The work in a religious order must be in the order itself, or outside work directed by the order.

If you are a member of a religious order and you want to study for a qualification, a formal full-time course of study or training in an academic institution not looked after by the order, you should not apply to Tier 2 (Minister of religion. Instead, you should apply as a student under Tier 4 of the points-based system.

At SmartMove2UK we provide advise and assistance to enable Tier 2 Minister of Religion to apply for their entry clearance visa application.

You can contact our UK Immigration experts based in Mumbai | Delhi | Gurgaon | Chandigarh | Vadodara | Bangalore on +91 22 2850 9857 or +91 9819 127 002 if you are seeking legal help from UK visa consultants in relation to apply as UK Tier 2 Minister of Religion.

You can also connect with us on

Related Links