You can apply for Tier 2 Minister of religion if you have been offered a job for example as a minister of religion, missionary, or member of a religious order within a faith community i.e. a community of people sharing the same religious faith e.g. a religious order, temple trust, church etc. in the UK
Typically the Pastoral duties can include::
- leading worship regularly and on special occasions;
- giving religious education to children and adults by preaching or teaching;
- officiating at marriages, funerals and other special services; and
- offering counselling and welfare support to members of the congregation; and
- recruiting, training and co-ordinating the work of any local volunteers and lay preachers.
In addition to preaching and teaching work as a missionary can include:
- the organisation of missionary activity (but should not be administrative or clerical, unless filling a senior post);
- supervising staff;
- co-ordinating the organisation of missionary work;
- being in charge of a particular activity such as accounts/finance, personnel management or IT; and
- translating religious texts – this is missionary work, not clerical work.
The work in a religious order must be in the order itself, or outside work directed by the order.
If you are a member of a religious order and you want to study for a qualification, a formal full-time course of study or training in an academic institution not looked after by the order, you should not apply to Tier 2 (Minister of religion. Instead, you should apply as a student under Tier 4 of the points-based system.
At SmartMove2UK we provide advise and assistance to enable Tier 2 Minister of Religion to apply for their entry clearance visa application.
You can contact our UK Immigration experts based in Mumbai | Delhi | Gurgaon | Chandigarh | Vadodara | Bangalore on +91 22 2850 9857 or +91 9819 127 002 if you are seeking legal help from UK visa consultants in relation to apply as UK Tier 2 Minister of Religion.
You can also connect with us on