A Tier 2 General visa holder is eligible to apply for an extension of the same as and when the initial visa expires, or a new Certificate of Sponsorship is issued in the name of the applicant. The extension must be applied for within 3 months of receiving the Certificate of Sponsorship from the employer.
The onus of proving this continued eligibility for a Tier 2 General extension is in the hands of the applicant. To be eligible for Tier 2 extension the applicant must have permission to enter or stay in UK and must be present in the UK at the time of applying for extension.
In order to attain Tier 2 General visa extension, an applicant must keep the following pointers in mind:
- An applicant for a Tier 2 extension is granted an extension for a maximum of 6 years.
- While applying for extension the applicant must have the same job that got him entry to the UK in the first place.
- The employer who granted the Certificate of sponsorship for the initial Tier 2 application must be the employer for the applicant while applying for extension.
- A new Certificate of Sponsorship must be provided in the name of the applicant.
- The applicant must be granted an appropriate salary from the employer. If the initial visa was granted on or after 26th November 2016, the appropriate salary is £30,000.
- The applicant can continue working in UK while the application is being processed, provided the initial visa hasn’t expired.
The visa processing for a Tier 2 extension application typically takes around 8 weeks. However, the priority services furnish a decision in 5 working days and the super priority services provide a decision in 1 working day.
The applicant must be mindful to include dependants while applying for extension. The dependants have to provide a submit application but can apply along with the main applicant. The process of a Tier 2 extension is relatively slow and patience is all it takes till the Home Office finally provides a decision.
Apply for your Tier 2 General visa extension with the help of The SmartMove2UK [a division of SmartMove Immigration] today, you can call an UK Immigration Expert on +91 98191 27002 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to know more.
Receive regular updates about your UK Visa News, Guidelines, New UK Visa Law and more.