With UK spouse visa application fees rising to £ 1,195 (~ Rs. 112, 770) applicants are always concerned to make sure that their applications are complete and meet the UKVI (i.e. Home Office ) standards.
SmartMove2UK has experience of over 10 years in successfully filing UK spouse visa applications, unmarried partner applications and civil partner applications for applicants in same-sex relationships.
Here are some of the top tips that the applicants can use for making their spouse visa applications to join their family living permanently in the UK.
- Check that you have applied for and received the necessary documents at the time of completing the application typically UK NARIC certificates and TB test results (TB test results are valid for 6 months).
- For UK NARIC you can give a UK address for faster processing of documents.
- Take screenshots of WhatsApp calls, facetime calls if logs are not available
- Ensure that all documents are being submitted are in English or translations from authorized translators
- For meeting the financial eligibility requirement of the sponsor check the salary slips, tax returns and bank statements to ensure that the information is consistent.
- When submitting degree certificates to show how you meet the English language requirement – make sure you submit the original degree certificate and statement of marks.
- Also check that the applicant’s passport has sufficient blank pages and that the passport is not damaged – it is surprising how after having put in all the efforts at the time of submission the VFS does not accept the application and the whole process gets delayed as the applicant has to get a new passport.
- Make sure that that credit card or debit card have limits able to process large amounts for visa fees and Immigration Health Surcharge.
- You can check the VFS India homepage – click on “How we are performing against our quality and timeline standards” to see weekly processing times
- You can also use the UKVI contact us page – online form to submit request for tracking the status of your application.
What should I be careful about when applying for UK spouse visa?
Most applicants at times find UK Immigration laws to be complex and find it difficult to keep a track of the frequent changes. The UK Home Office website www.gov.uk lists all the changes.
However you may choose to have your application prepared by professionals to ensure it has the best possible chance of success, avoid delays or losing Government fees if your application is refused.
SmartMove2UK’s Expert UK Spouse Visa Consultant Based in Mumbai | Delhi | Bangalore | Gurgaon | Chandigarh | Vadodara
If you would like to make a UK spouse visa, unmarried partner visa or civil partner application to join your family member in the UK, you can contact SmartMove2UK on +919819127002 or email us to book an appointment to speak to a UK Immigration expert.
You can also connect with us on
Receive regular updates about your UK Visa News, Guidelines, New UK Visa Law and more.