Having a professional UK immigration advisor who provides you with tips on the number ways to meet your Spouse Visa UK requirements is the best way to ensure that your application is complete and meets the UKVI (United Kingdom Visas and Immigration) standards. Therefore, it is our pleasure to reintroduce an updated version of an article published by Mr Hemang Laaheru (Director, SmartMove Immigration).
The below article is intended to provide valuable guidance for aspirants of the UK Spouse Visa, and has been re-edited with all the latest updates in Spouse Visa Application requirements over the last 2 years.
Not leaving anything out from your Spouse Visa application becomes even more crucial when you consider the UK Spouse Visa fees, which are undoubtedly steep. It costs almost INR 1.8 Lakh [including payment of priority processing fees] in Indian Rupees for filing for an application. Therefore, having your application rejected for avoidable reasons can come as a heartbreaker for many. Do your best to ensure that you do not end up in this situation. Take necessary precautions. And keep yourself updated.
At The SmartMove2UK [unit of Smartmove Immigration] we have more than 10 years of experience in successfully filing UK spouse visa applications, unmarried partner applications and civil partner applications for applicants in same-sex relationships. In other words, you can be certain that the tips offered below have been tried and tested.
- Cross check if you have applied for and received the correct documents at the time of completing the application. These typically include the UK NARIC certificates, TB test results (TB test results are valid for 6 months) or IELTS Test report.
- For UK NARIC, you may give a UK address enabling faster processing of your documents.
- Take screenshots of WhatsApp calls, FaceTime calls if call logs are not available.
- If any of your documents are in a language other than English, do not forget to provide translations from authorized translators.
- Make sure that all the financial information you provide are consistent (Salary slips, tax returns, bank statements)
- When submitting degree certificates to show how you meet the English language requirement – make sure you submit the original degree certificate and mark sheets.
- Be ready to provide correct and specific information about your application should there be any enquiry or additional checks by the UKVI.
- Make sure that your credit cards and/or debit cards have adequate limits to process the large amounts for visa fees, Immigration Health Surcharge, priority processing fees and other value added services
- Don’t forget to check the VFS India Homepage to see weekly processing times.
- Once you have submitted your application and are waiting for an outcome, you can also use the UKVI ‘contact us’ page to submit a request for tracking the status of your application [please note that this is a for-fee service].
Just stick to the tips above, take appropriate help from professional as and when required, and you should have no trouble with your UK Spouse Visa application.
Before we end this discussion, feel free to check out the answers to a couple of common questions that applicants have regarding the UK Spouse Visa below.
Yes you can. If you are residing the UK on a spousal visa, then you are free to work in the UK without any restrictions during the validity period of your visa.
There are two distinct categories of IELTS exams: the IELTS and the IELTS Life Skills. For a UK spouse visa, you would be required to take an IELTS Life Skills with a CEFR level A1. Ensure that you are taking the Secure English Test [UKVI SELT] To understand what these words mean, we suggest you check out the British Council’s IETLS web page here.
Most applicants find UK Immigration law to be complex and find it difficult to keep a track of the frequent changes. You may choose to have your application prepared by professionals to ensure it has the best possible chance of success, avoid delays or losing Government fees if your application is refused.
If you would like to make a UK spouse visa, unmarried partner visa or civil partner application to join your family member in the UK.
For further queries and clarifications, Call us on +91 98191 27002 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and book your consultation appointment.
You can find our presence in New Delhi, Chandigarh, Bengaluru as well as Mumbai being our registered office along with international boundaries extending to London.