UK EEA family permit Visa consultant in india - Mumbai | Delhi | Gurgaon | Chandigarh | Vadodara | Bangalore

Feedback on successful UK EEA family permit Visa

Mabel Flora Mendes., – called from West Sussex , as she wanted her husband Sheldon Miranda to join as dependant of EEA National.

Falguni, thank you so much for all the support provided in processing the application and making it successful. Prior to meeting you we had no idea what all documents would be needed. Had we gone directly to the VFS I am damn sure our application would be rejected. But after coming to Smart move2UK and the way you explained the process was superb!! Keep up the good work. You and your team rock!!

Click here to read many such positive feedback >>

UK EEA family permit Visa

An EEA family permit is a form of ‘entry clearance’ to the UK (similar to a visa). It is for nationals of countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who are family members of EEA nationals.

A non-EEA family member of an EEA national will need to obtain an EEA family permit before travelling to the UK if they are:

  • a ‘visa national’; or
  • coming to live with the EEA national in the UK permanently or on a long-term basis

Applications for EEA Family Permit are covered by the framework of European Treaty rights of ‘free movement’ of European nationals and their dependants. Any refusal of a EEA family permit does offer appeal rights in most cases for the applicants.

In the UK an EEA family permit is valid for 6 months. You can leave and enter the UK as many times as you need within that time.

Meaning of ‘family member’

  • You must be the EEA citizen’s spouse or civil partner, or related to them (or their spouse or civil partner) as their:
  • child or grandchild under 21 years old, or dependent child or grandchild of any age*
  • dependent parent or grandparent

*Family members who are adopted under an adoption order that is recognised in UK law are regarded the same as natural family

Applying as an extended family member or unmarried partner

You can apply as an ‘extended’ family member’, eg brother, sister, aunt, uncle, cousin, nephew or niece. In order to do so you must be able to show that you’re dependent on the EEA citizen or are a member of their household, or have a serious health condition and rely on them to care for you.

There is no fee when applying for a EEA Family permit, however an application can be refused and entails filing fresh application or appeals which can be time consuming.

Applying under the ‘Surinder Singh’ route

You may be able to apply for an EEA family permit as a family member of a British citizen who has worked in another EEA country. This is known as the ‘Surinder Singh’ route.

To be eligible, you must be a national of a country outside the EEA and related to a British citizen as their:

  • spouse or civil partner
  • child or grandchild (or the child or grandchild of their spouse or civil partner) and under 21 years of age or dependent on them
  • parent or grandparent (or of their spouse or civil partner) and dependent on them

There has been no change to the rights and status of EU nationals in the UK, and UK nationals in the EU, as a result of the referendum.

Clients based in UK or India can speak to any of our UK EEA family permit Visa Consultant based in Mumbai | Delhi | Gurgaon | Chandigarh | Vadodara | Bangalore on +91 22 2850 9857 or +91 9819 127 002 and book your appointment with our Experts.

You can also connect with us on

Related Links