What is a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa?
- The Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa category allows you to set up or take over the running of a business with funds available between £50,000 and £200,000 for investment to enter the UK.
- You are able to work for your own business as a self-employed individual, provided the work meets the criteria for being self-employed.
- Such applications are assessed using a points system where the applicants are required to score a full 95 points to be granted this visa. These points’ requirements are calculated on the basis of factors like investment funds, language skills and maintenance funds.
- A credible business plan is also to be provided and demonstrate that you are a genuine entrepreneur.
- Through a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa route, the UK is encouraging non-EEA nationals to consider entrepreneurial opportunities within the UK.
- You are granted this visa to stay in the UK for a period of 3 years and 4 months and further extend it to another 2 years. You may be able to apply for settlement once you’ve been in the UK for 5 years. You can also bring family members and dependants with you.
Who is eligible to apply for the UK Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa?
A person who is above 16 and who meets the following requirements is eligible to apply under this category.
- An access to £200,000 (which can be your own funds or from a third party)
- Can have 2-3 sponsors that are ready to invest
- Partner with another individual and show a combine net asset value of £200,000
- Have funds in a regulated bank or a financial institution
- Clears the Genuine Entrepreneur Test
- Meets the English language requirements either with IELTS for UKVI (with 4 in each band) or a UK NARIC assessment for qualification and English Language Equivalency for a recognized Bachelor’s degree
- Fulfills the maintenance requirements
- Provide all the mandatory specified evidence
How can The SmartMove2UK help you in Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa?
We at The SmartMove2UK (a unit of Smart Move Immigration) have helped both individuals and a wide range of commercial employers meet their needs, including Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa applications. With the frequent refusals of the Entrepreneur Visa applications by the Home Office, we can guide you through the application process. We have experience and a proven track record in making successful applications.
As a team of immigration lawyers who have been in the legal immigration business for over a decade, we have established reputation for efficient management for processing of visa applications and for providing expert visa-related advice. Here at The SmartMove2UK, we are dedicated to providing personalised services for entrepreneurs and innovators who are looking to migrate and assist them in achieving their dream to set up a business in the UK.
Fill in your details in the form below and we shall get back to you with any assistance you require!
Receive regular updates about your UK Visa News, Guidelines, New UK Visa Law and more.