After the patient wait in receiving the EEA Family Permit, the EEA family members who residing overseas are now finally delighted to join their family members in the UK. The next process after receiving the EEA Family Permit is obtaining the Residence card which allows the EEA Family members to stay in the UK for 5 years. Our EEA Family Permit document consultants in Chandigarh can assist you with your Residence card applications.

You do not need to apply for a residence card to prove you can live in the UK unless you’re both:

  • From outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland
  • An extended family member of someone from the EEA or Switzerland

If you already have a residence card it will not be valid after 31 December 2020.
There will be no change to the rights and status of EU citizens currently living in the UK until 30 June 2021, or 31 December 2020 if the UK leaves the EU without a deal. You and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK.

Who is a Residence card for?

The Non-EEA family members are eligible to apply for a Residence Card from within the UK. Non-EEA nationals can be either the family member or extended family member, of an EEA national. It is not mandatory to apply for a residence card, however, it helps the applicants to re-enter the UK more quickly and easily if they are travelling abroad.

Our EEA Family Permit document consultants in Chandigarh would advise the applicants that a residence card essentially would help employers to ascertain that the applicant is allowed to work in the UK and it also helps the applicants to prove that they qualify for certain benefits and services.

There’s always more to what you know and what you should know! The applicants can apply for a derivative right of residence card if they are the carer of an EEA citizen, the carer’s child, or the child of a former EEA worker and currently in education.

The residence card is valid for a period of 5 years, following which the applicant can apply for a permanent residence card. The applicants must submit a valid passport along with other documents for the application for residence card to be approved. In addition, the EEA national must be exercising treaty rights in the UK and provide evidence of the same along with the application.

The Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006, require the Home Office to consider and decide an application for the residence card within 6 months from the date of receipt of the application. Any delay or negligence in part of the Home Office in not deciding the application within six months can be challenged by way of Judicial Review in the High Courts.

Contact our EEA Family Permit document consultants in Chandigarh who have helped non-EEA nationals family members and extended family members of EEA nationals to apply for their residence card and their permanent residence. We are just a call away from your queries Residence card application.