The Immigration rules provide that if the applicant has a degree taught in English in any of the following countries Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, the UK, the USA – then the applicant will need to provide an original academic qualification certificate that clearly shows the applicant’s name, the title of the award, the date of the award and the name of the awarding institution.

In certain cases if the applicant has lost their degree or are waiting for their graduation the Home Office will accept an original academic reference from the institution awarding the academic qualification with an original academic transcript from that institution. In such cases the Academic reference must be on the official letter headed paper and must clearly show the applicant’s name;the title of the award;that the academic qualification has been or will be awarded; andeither the date that the certificate will be issued (if the applicant has not yet graduated) or confirmation that the institution is unable to re-issue the original certificate of award.

Also in such cases the Academic transcript must be on the official letter headed paper and show the applicant’s name;the name of the academic institution;the course title; andconfirmation of the award.

If you have obtained a degree from the specified countries and have queries about showing the relevant evidence, you can speak to the UK Immigration experts at SmartMove2UK by calling +919819127002 or email us to book an appointment.

You can also connect with us on

Stay Informed

Receive regular updates about your UK Visa News, Guidelines, New UK Visa Law and more.

[contact-form-7 id="7471" title="uk visa newsletter sign up"]

Liked the article? You can share it too!