The Points based system dependent is an umbrella term that includes Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 4 and Tier 5 visas to the UK. Points based system is also popularly known as PBS. A PBS dependent as per the Immigration Rules includes only the spouse and children below the age of 18 years of the main PBS migrant. Our UK Visa consultants in Delhi give a brief overview of the PBS dependent visa application.
You can either apply for entry clearance as PBS Dependent visa if:
- You are outside the UK
- The main applicant is in the UK on Tier 1, Tier2, Tier4 or Tier5 visa in the UK
- Are related as spouse or child under the age of 18 years of the main applicant
- Meet the maintenance fund requirement
- Meet the suitability requirement
You can apply for further leave to remain in the UK if:
- you have already gained entry and wish to extend your stay in the UK.
- The duration of the visa is in line with the expiry date of the PBS migrant’s (or main applicant’s) leave.
- If the PBS migrant has been granted indefinite leave to remain then the dependents will have to apply differently.
In the case of children a grant to leave in line is given for the following period:
- a period which expires on the same day as the leave granted to the parent whose leave expires first
PBS dependent visa applications for leave to remain will fall for refusal if the applicant does not meet the suitability requirement for the dependent visa [e.g. overstay, breaking conditions of previous leave granted etc].
Depending on the merits of the case you can apply for PBS dependent visa along with the main PBS migrant or if you wish to apply thereafter it is alright as well, our UK PBS Dependent visa consultants in Delhi can evaluate the details of the case and advise you on the best course of action. We at The SmartMove2UK are a UK Immigration law firm providing advice and assistance for UK visa consultancy especially for dependent visa, as there has been a steady increase in the PBS dependent visa applications over the last few years.