The UK sole representative visa is applicable for those people who act as a representative of an overseas company trying to establish a registered branch or a wholly-owned subsidiary of the company in the UK. This visa can also be availed by employees of newspapers, news agencies, and broadcasting agencies working on a long-term project in the UK. To be eligible for the visa, the said person should be competent and hold a position of higher responsibility in the company, but not be a majority shareholder. The business must be opening its first commercial venture in the UK and must not be planning to make the UK division their headquarters. After making sure all the clauses are fulfilled you need to apply for the visa online.
Due to complicated clauses and general complexity, while applying for this visa, your application might get rejected during the clearance process.
If you are applying for a visa in Bangalore, you can approach
UK Sole Representative Visa immigration law firm in Bangalore for a successful application –
The SmartMove2UK, leading UK immigration law firm, can also aid you in case, your visa is rejected.
Why does your UK sole representative visa get rejected?
- If your company isn’t a legally registered enterprise or its headquarters are based in the UK.
- If your course of action is to shut overseas services and make the UK branch your headquarters (There are certain discretionary powers provided to the verifying officers when your UK branch shows potential to overshadow your parent company).
- If you are a majority shareholder or hold a considerable amount of shares in the company.
- If you appeared for the interview called by the Home Office and your information has appeared to be inconsistent or incorrect.
- If your job responsibilities are replaceable and you cannot independently represent the company in the UK.
The entry clearance requirements for the sole representative visa are
- You are an employee of an overseas company who wants to set up a registered branch or a wholly independent subsidiary of the company in the UK.
- You are an employee of an overseas broadcasting agency, newspaper, or news organization who needs to work for a long-term assignment.
To be eligible for entry clearance
- Your recruitment and employment must have been done outside the UK.
- You must intend to work full time in the UK branch of the overseas business.
- You must meet the English language requirement clause provided by the Home Office.
What to do when UK Sole Rep Visa is refused
- You can place an appeal to refute the claims made in the rejection letter of the sole representative visa or you can approach an UK Visa Refuse Appeal Consultant in India to assist you.
- You can apply for an administrative review if you think there are clear errors in the reasons for the refusal of the visa in the rejection letter. ( What is UK Administrative Review )
- You can re-apply for the sole representative visa after rectifying the errors you made in your previous application by checking in with the refusal letter.
Grounds on which you can place an appeal
- Human rights violation or protection refusal.
- A refusal to the entry clearance of a dependant under Dependants visa.
- The instruction to an individual to leave a country from the airport.
During an entry clearance refusal, you can appeal within 28 days from the date of refusal outside the UK and 14 days from the date of refusal from inside the UK.
If your visa has been rejected and you have applied in Bangalore, you can seek out the SmartMove2UK’s immigration law firm services.
Our sole representative UK refusal immigration law firm in Bangalore can save you from the hassle of understanding the details of administrative reviews and appeals and let our experts help you in every way possible.
Applying for an administrative review after your sole representative visa refusal
Your application is considered for an administrative review when a caseworker has made a certain mistake while verifying your application. In such a scenario, you can apply for an administrative review to address the mistake of the caseworker. If your application is acknowledged, another caseworker will review your application and re-verify the possible error in judgment made by the former caseworker.
What is a difference between an administrative review and an appeal
When you apply for an appeal, you can produce new evidence in support of your claims. When you apply for an administrative review, you cannot make any changes to your application. The process followed in an administrative review is simply having a different caseworker check your application to review any errors made by the previous caseworker.
You have 28 days to apply for an administrative review outside of the UK.
What are the steps to be taken if your administrative review was unsuccessful?
- There is another review, called a judicial review, which you can choose to apply for.
- You can simply reapply for the sole representative visa.
How to reapply for a sole representative visa after a refusal?
You need to ensure that you don’t repeat the same mistakes as you did in the previous application and fill the form accordingly.
Refusal of a visa often puts you in a difficult position. If your visa is refused, it is wise to take external help to sort the issue as soon as possible. The SmartMove2UK‘s services of personal review and full representation can help you get through the visa rejection troubles quickly. The UK sole representative visa refusal immigration law firm in Bangalore will ensure that your application is devoid of mistakes and gets an entry clearance as soon as possible.
If you want more information or assistance on UK Sole Rep application or refusal, you can contact us on