Are you directly related to an individual who has a UK Visa from the Points Based System (PBS)? Or are you yourself in the UK on a PBS visa and are looking to bring your family members to live with you in the UK? In a situation such as this, the PBS visa holder’s dependents have the right to enter the UK and even be on track for a Leave to Remain, with the PBS dependents Visa.

You can apply for limited leave to remain as a PBS Dependant if you meet the criteria set out below:

  • you are the family member of a person granted, or applying for, leave under Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 4 or Tier 5 of the Points Based System; or
  • you are the spouse or partner of a person with indefinite leave to remain or British Citizenship who last held leave in Tier 1, Tier 2, or Tier 5 of the Points Based System and you do not yet qualify for indefinite leave to remain; or
  • you are a child of a person with indefinite leave to remain or British Citizenship who last held leave in Tier 1, Tier 2, or Tier 5 of the Points Based System and your other parent does not yet qualify for indefinite leave to remain; and you last held leave as PBS Dependant granted on or after 9 July 2012

An overview of the PBS Dependents Visa given by UK Visa consultants in Mumbai:

The following is a brief summary of what an applicant would require to prove, in order to be eligible for a PBS dependents Visa. The PBS dependent applicant can be either:

  1. spouse, civil partner,or
  2. child (under the age of 18) of the PBS Visa holder; or
  3. child of the PBS Visa holder over 18 if they’re currently in the UK as a dependant

What are you entitled to with a PBS dependents Visa?

Should you be granted a PBS dependents Visa, you can:

  • Live and work in the UK for as long as the main visa holder (the person you are dependent on)
  • Exit and re-enter the UK (it’s a multiple entry visa)
  • Extend your Visa
  • Enroll in all levels of education in the UK, all the way till post-graduate degrees except employment as a professional sportsperson (including as a sports coach)
  • no employment as a Doctor or Dentist in Training, unless you obtained a primary degree in medicine or dentistry from a UK institution that is the UK recognized or listed body, or which holds a sponsor license under Tier 4 of the Points Based System;
  • applying for leave to remain and have, or have last been granted, entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain that was not subject to a condition restricting your employment, whether that is employed as a Doctor or Dentist in Training or otherwise, and have been employed during that leave as a Doctor or Dentist in Training.

How our UK Visa consultants in Mumbai can help:

As experts in UK Immigration law, our UK Visa consultants in Mumbai at The SmartMove2UK can offer a complete service for clients including advice and assistance for all their UK immigration needs. Our solicitors have extensive experience in dealing with PBS Dependent visa applications, to provide advice in the compilation and submission of the visa application, in addition to preparation for the extension and can eventually even guide you towards applications for permanent residency and British nationality.

If you would like to learn more about applying for a Visa as a dependent of a UK visa holder or if you wish to discuss assistance for any UK Immigration matter, call us on +91 9819127002 to book an appointment with our consultants in Mumbai for an initial consultation today.

Think UK Dependents Visa, Think The SmartMove2UK.

If you have any comment or want to know anything about UK PBS Dependent Visa then you can connect with us on

The SmartMove2UK – Mumbai
(UK PBS Dependent Visa Consultants)

905, B-Wing,
Sagar Tech Plaza,
Near Saki Naka Junction,Andheri (East),
Mumbai 400 072.
Tel : +91 22 2850 9883
(if you are viewing from mobile, click on the nos to call directly)

We also have our branches at:

Stay Informed

Receive regular updates about your UK Visa News, Guidelines, New UK Visa Law and more.

[contact-form-7 id="7471" title="uk visa newsletter sign up"]

Liked the article? You can share it too!