In Feb 2020 the UK government released a policy statement outlining the future for UK visas. The policies will impact the Tier 2 route, in addition to the option for international students on Tier 4 opting for post study work visas, enabling UK Tier 4 students to switch to Tier 2 General. The changes do not impact Tier 1 Investors or representatives of overseas businesses.
Read more on Guidelines for Switching from UK Tier 4 to Tier 2 visa
So, what will change?
- There will be a special visa to encourage NHS recruitment.
- The scrapping of the cap will allow – ‘unlimited number’ of the “best and brightest” from India from 2021
- Lower salary threshold of £ 25,600 p.a. for UK Visa applicants coming to the UK with a job offer
- Reduction of education threshold from bachelor’s degree to A-level could likely benefit jobs in the food & hospitality industry
- D holders in science, technology, engineering, math (STEM) can take jobs at £20,480 p.a. while non STEM Ph.D. holders can have a minimum salary of £ 23,040 p.a.
- It is expected that with the increasing number of applicants coming in through the Innovator visa route will bring in the needed automation and technology to plug the services provided by low paid workers.
Businesses seeking to recruit overseas workers including EU nationals would be better served by registering for Tier 2 sponsor licence.
Click here for all Updates on Corona in UK.
At The SmartMove2UK (division of SmartMove Immigration) our UK immigration experts have helped businesses in the UK to bring workers from overseas. We have also helped businesses from outside the UK to set up wholly owned branches or subsidiaries in the UK and apply for visas for representatives of overseas business, Tier 2 sponsor licences, Tier 2 general visas, Tier 2 intra company transfers, in addition to Tier 1 Investor visas. You can speak to our team members on +91 98191 27002 or email [fusion_tooltip title=”Email to firstname.lastname@example.org” class=”” id=”” placement=”top” trigger=”hover”]email@example.com[/fusion_tooltip]