The UK Government has released a White Paper in December 2018 regarding its post-Brexit visas and immigration strategy, where the new UK skills-based immigration system will be introduced. We look at the key proposals and other immigration in the UK facts that we think will benefit anyone keen on staying up to date about the latest immigration updates in the UK.
The new unbiased system proposed, is anticipated to benefit students and professionals from various countries as it focuses entirely on skills rather than the country of origin, which means the basis of immigration of people, will be entirely based on the potential of the individual.
Benefits of the new 2019 UK Skills based Immigration program proposal:
- Limits on the sponsorship of skilled workers are to be removed
- The Resident Labour Market Test is to be removed
- The sponsorship system is to be simplified for employers
- The youth mobility scheme will be expanded
- A range of new digital services is to be introduced
- Provisions for short-term business visitors from inside and outside the EU may be made on a reciprocal basis
- A pilot scheme will be run for workers in the agricultural sector
- The new skilled route will include workers with intermediate level skills
- Visitors to the UK from the EU will not need visas
- International students will be given extension to the post-study period
- ‘Transitional’ time will be given to temporary short-term workers of all skill levels, including seasonal low-skilled workers, which will allow workers to come to the UK for a maximum of 12 months, with a subsequent 12 month ‘cooling off’ period (which will be subject to consultation). However, this route will only be open to workers from a limited number of ‘low risk’ countries.
Thus, to sum up, the only intention of Theresa May and Sajid Javid is to build a strong and a fair future immigration system that supports and boosts the investment in the UK’s skills and productivity.
We would like to keep you informed regarding any important legal updates and other immigration in the UK facts that may affect you, your dependants, your business or organization. For more details get in touch with us now!
As a team of immigration lawyers who have been in the legal immigration business for over a decade, we have established reputation for efficient management for processing of visa applications and for providing expert visa-related advice. Here at Smart Move Immigration, we are dedicated to providing personalised services for people migrating to the UK for various purposes. We have our offices in Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Chandigarh and London.
Receive regular updates about your UK Visa News, Guidelines, New UK Visa Law and more.