Are you thinking to branch out and looking to set up an office in the UK? If the answer is yes, all you need is to identify one employee who you can entrust to lead with the setting up of your overseas business in the UK. Let your business expansion ideas flow. Our UK visa consultants in Bangalore map it all for you with the Sole representation visa requirements.
The Sole representative visa permits the companies to send one employee to the UK with the intention to establish and operate a registered branch or wholly-owned subsidiary active in the same type of business as the holding company may establish a commercial presence in the UK by sending their representative to the UK.
Under this category, the business owners can send a ‘representative’ to the UK by making an application under the category known as ‘representative of an overseas business visa’ to establish their business presence in the UK.
The representative is required to file an online visa application form and supported by the employer documents which would also confirm the financial standing of the company. It is essential to consider the following:
- Its turnover to evidence the company is actively trading
- Its registered office must be outside the UK- having one in the UK- defeats the purpose of the application.
- The type of business should same as the intended business in the UK- For example, it must supply a similar product or service.
Sole Rep Visa Requirements
Our UK Sole Representative visa consultants in Bangalore would love to give you insights on few requirements which are to be kept in mind by the business planning to expand in the UK:
- There should not be any physical presence of the company in UK such as no active branch, subsidiary or other representative in UK.
- The company’s headquarters and principal place of business should be outside the UK. This is to prevent that the intention is not to move the main centre of business to the UK.
- If there is already a branch, subsidiary or other representatives in the UK, employees must apply under the point based system.
- An agent hired to market the company’s products in the UK would not be considered as sole-representatives
- A sales representative or buyer who only fulfils that specific role for the company
- A company can only send one representative. If one is admitted then the other can apply under the Tier 2 of the points based system- this is subject to the company holding a Tier 2 sponsor license.
- The branch established in UK should exist only as a legal entity.
- After the successful UK Sole representative visa application, the holders of this leave to remain are only allowed to work in the business in which they have appointed in. They are not allowed to take up any other establishment or paid job.
- Additional evidence is always considered while the Entry Clearance Officer is assessing your application.
While the Immigration rules keep changing, our UK Visa Consultants in Bangalore can assist you identify the strengths and weaknesses of your application with respect to the Sole Representative Visa.
The SmartMove2UK – Bangalore
Level 9 Raheja Towers,
Receive regular updates about your UK Visa News, Guidelines, New UK Visa Law and more.