UK visa applicants who intend to travel to the UK for any of the following reasons be it for a holiday, to visit family members or to get private medical treatment or even for work or business-related reasons – require a visa to enter the UK if they are from a visa country.
Applicants will need to apply for the UK visitor visa which is also known as the Standard Visitor Visa that allows the visa holder to stay in the UK for up to 6 months.
On what basis is the UK visit visa application decided?
According to Paragraph V 4.2, The applicant must satisfy the decision-maker that they are a genuine visitor. This means that the applicant must provide evidence that they:
- will leave the UK at the end of their visit; and
- will not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits, or make the UK their main home; and
- is genuinely seeking entry for a purpose that is permitted by the visitor routes and
- will not undertake any prohibited activities set out in V 4.5 – V 4.10; and
- must have sufficient funds to cover all reasonable costs in relation to their visit without working or accessing public funds.
Read more on why are UK Visit Visa Refusals so common?
Broadly the entry clearance officers assess the application on
- Purpose of visit- While applying for a standard visit visa, the applicant is required to state the purpose of the visit.
- Funds- The applicant must have sufficient funds for the duration of visit to the UK without recourse to public funds. Any evidence of bank statement submitted should contain a narrative of the applicant.
- Reasons to return to their home country- The applicant is required to prove to the ECO that they have sufficient reasons to return to their home country.
- Immigration Background- ECOs take in to account the immigration background of the applicant including any previous refusals or travel to the UK or outcome of applications to the Home Office.
What to do if the UK visit visa is refused?
At The SmartMove2UK (a division of SmartMove Immigration) our UK immigration experts have helped individuals to apply for UK visit visas – our clientele includes single unmarried applicants, applicants not in regular employment, small business owners including beauty salon owners, farmers, self-employed professionals like real estate agents, insurance brokers and many more. If you would like to apply for the UK visit visa or have had a UK visit visa refusal you can speak to our UK Immigration Experts.